Monday 25 May 2015

Ode to Spring

It's finally here!!!

I've been waiting for this! It's springtime! It's amazing, it's beautiful, it's freedom!

This is, quite honestly, the first time I've ever felt like this during spring. Like the whole wide world has opened up to me, like I'm throwing off the bonds of everything. I have a lightness in my step, and new energy in my heart. I'm no longer trapped inside my house, or trapped by the snow, or trapped by the legions of coughing/sneezing/contagious people roaming all of the indoor shopping areas.

Now when I want to escape I can just throw on a pair of shoes and a hat, chuck the twins in a stroller, and go. We can go to the park, we can go to the store, go grocery shopping, go grab a coffee, go in our own backyard, or just go around the block.

I'm also starting to get fit again (just in time for surgery! Ha ha! Sigh.). But still, it's nice. I'm making an effort to work out again - just walking a couple of kilometres every day, doing my yoga, playing with the kids. It's been a long time.... a really, really long time.... since I've ever had the spare energy to want to or even think of "working out". It's really incredible to me how different my life is right now, compared to how my life was a few short months ago.

It's the weather, it's the new medication, it's the new vitamins, it's the sunlight, it's not having to be afraid of going out in public, it's not catching something every time I leave the house, it's being able to leave the house whenever I want, and being able to walk outside for reasons other than visiting a hospital. It's not being sick all of the time, it's being healthy enough to walk up the stairs holding one or two kids and not break a sweat, it's being energetic enough to clean my living room and not want to take a nap afterwards, and still have fuel to go go go and keep going all day.

It's wonderful, it's glorious, it's fantastic.

It's spring and almost summer!!

And I intend on enjoying every single minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment